While many women dread finding something to wear for an upcoming date or event, I love it and am excited for the challenge!
An avid researcher and information lover, the Internet has become my “Go To Girl” for quick answers, inspiration, and purchasing power. So, I wanted to share my fabulous finds and fashion ideas so others don’t have to stress.
Some random things about me…
- I have no formal fashion education but I know what I like and don’t like immediately. I call myself “fashion decisive” and it is what makes shopping so much fun (and frustrating when there is literally nothing I like.)
- I have never purchased a single item for a price with 3 or more zeros. And, I am not sure I ever will (or need to…there are so many deals to be had.) But, I hope one day I could…if I wanted to.
- I became obsessed with Project Runway the very first season and love, love, love Tim Gunn. If only I could sew, or had the patience to sit in a workroom for hours upon end.
- I just bought my 6-month old son a Fedora (in his size)…he’s on his way.
- I love wine (red, please). After 1 glass I become creative and inspired, after 2 I think I am a great dancer and get nostalgic about my dreams of being a Fly Girl. (Yea, I know that Living Color reference dates me, but it dates Jennifer Lopez more.) After 3 I just start to get sloppy. Happy but sloppy.
- I am tall, not a total Amazon but a few more inches could have moved me into that exclusive category. And, I will never shy away from heels. When I was in the dating game my motto was “I am not going to wear ugly shoes just because you are insecure about your height.” (Note: Flats have come along way since my dating years. Lots of cute ones now.)
- I think hats are so cool. I always want to wear a hat but every time I put one on I feel like myself…with a hat. Just not a hat person I guess. Or, I just need to develop the confidence to make sure the hat doesn’t wear me.